Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Plantain Chips with Guacamole and Salsa






Tell me that doesn't look good. Oh wait, you can't! This would make a great snack for tailgating or a casual get together. It also pairs really well with spicy tuna salad, that's how I chose to eat it last night. I didn't go fancy here, I bought some mango/pineapple salsa from whole foods and mashed up an avocado with a few spices. I was in need of a simple meal with little to no prep work. These chips were super easy to make. I will say you need to use a green plantain. Brown plantains are great but they won't crisp up the way green ones will. You'll need to use a knife to peel back the skin of the plantain and you may lose a little of the flesh, that's ok. I sliced them about an 1/8 of an inch thick. The thinner you slice them, the quicker they will bake.

Baked Plantain Chips

-1 green plantain (peeled and thinly sliced)
-coconut spray or olive oil spray
-sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Spread out plantain slices and spray with olive oil or coconut oil lightly.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until browned) then flip and bake until other side browns (about same time)
5. Let cool (if you can) and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment