Saturday, September 21, 2013

Paleo Buffalo Meatloaf




I should start by saying I had my first meatloaf experience a few weeks ago. It was awesome. I don't know how I've gone so long without having it! 

After doing a little online research and getting inspiration from a few blogs online (www.paleomg.com) I decided to experiment. If you saw my last post this was pictured in it. I served it alongside cauliflower rice with sauteed zucchini, cremini mushrooms, and onions. It was delicious! If you're used to traditional meatloaf, I'll go ahead and say this won't tickle your fancy. It's just a little different but I happen to think different is good :). 


Buffalo Meatloaf:
-1 lb ground bison
-3/4 cup chopped onion/celery/carrot mix (i got precut ones)
-3 T hot sauce (chalula)
-2 T tomato paste
-1 T chopped garlic
-3 T coconut flour
-1 egg
-Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350F

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Spray a bread loaf pan with coconut spray or grease how you like. Pat down mixture and bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven. 

I promise I'll get better at this picture thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment