Sunday, December 1, 2013

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

Need an easy weeknight meal? Looking for a great recipe for a crowd? Try this salsa chicken stew recipe. It's super easy to make and great reheated. You can serve it plain or over tortilla chips with cheese. You can even serve it over rice or stuff it into peppers and bake.

My apologies AGAIN for not snapping a pic. Morgan is a LOT better at that. My days just get away from me and I forget to snap pics before I actually eat. Usually I only have a 15-20 minute break to eat lunch so taking a picture is the last thing on my mind.

Salsa Chicken

-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (whole)
-2 small cans of jalapeno, cilantro diced tomatoes
-1 jar of Frontera salsa (i love the cilantro jalapeno flavor)
-3 bell peppers, diced
-1/4 small yellow onion (it's all I had, ideally use 1 small onion)
-1 tsp of cayenne pepper
-1 1/2 tsp cumin
-salt to taste

1. Chop up all your ingredients and throw them in the crockpot together. It's that easy! Set it on low and let it cook away!
2. Once the chicken is cooked through use your fork to shred the chicken before eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment