Sunday, November 24, 2013

Paleo French Toast




There's just something about a leisurely breakfast at home. Most mornings are pretty go-go-go for me. I eat breakfast while walking out the door or letting Emma out and drink my coffee while working with clients. I can't wait for the weekend when I can sit down drinking a cup of coffee (in a mug) and eating breakfast off a plate with a fork. Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's the little things that make me happy!

This morning was one of those cherished weekend mornings! I made french toast and had a hot cup of coffee in a mug. French toast doesn't have to be an unhealthy, sugar and butter laden weekend treat. This recipe has no added sugar and plenty of healthy fats and fiber! I used my paleo carrot cake bread that I made earlier this week but you can use any bread you'd like.

Paleo French Toast

-1 slice paleo carrot cake bread
-1 egg (whisked)
-splash vanilla extract
-dash cinnamon
-cashew butter

1. Whisk egg with vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
2.Use a small non stick skillet and spray with coconut oil spray or add 1-2 tsp of fat (coconut oil or grass fed butter)
3.Place slice of bread in egg mixture and coat on both sides
4.Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side on medium high heat (or until brown and crispy)
5.Add cashew butter on top. It will melt and taste delicious!

Additions:
-honey or agave
-jam
-fresh fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment