Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Bread



Pumpkin season is upon us. The past few mornings have been chilly and perfect for a warm cup of coffee and hot slice of pumpkin bread! If it weren't for pumpkin and the leaves changing I think I'd hate fall. Thank goodness for pumpkin!!


Breakfast with a paleo pumpkin spice latte (recipe in the works)

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

-1 overly ripe banana (mashed)
-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
-3 eggs
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2 T coconut oil
-1 T vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-dash cardamon
-2 c. almond flour or hazelnut flour
-1 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 350F

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. It'll be a little lumpy, that's a-ok! Spread into a greased bread loaf pan (I used coconut spray). Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on your oven.

I like to top my bread with a spoonful of almond butter but it's great plain too.

*Sorry everyone, I forgot to snap a picture of what this looks like mixed and coming out of the oven. If you look back a few posts (meal prep one) you will see the bread cooling in the picture.



1 comment: